Friday, December 19, 2008

I'll take least fun things to do at 6 a.m. for a hundred Alex...

Just spent a good 30 minutes on vomit duty. My poor little boy woke up crying for me and a mad sprint for the bathroom ensued. The launch wasn't all that spectacular but my son has the most unfortunate habit of what I like to call "Full barrel vomiting". Meaning it comes out his mouth AND nose, with gusto I might add. The majority of the time spent was just trying to get his nose cleared. It seems that when you mix pink lemonaide kool-aid with fish sticks (not my decision mind you) you end up with a volatile result. He's was so pitiful sitting there shaking and trying not freak out about his stopped up nose. He hates getting nasty stuff on him and I know it was killing him to have the vomit inside his nose, especially with it smelling as bad as it did. 

As I was typing this there was a second act to his performance and we got into his room in time to catch the end of it. He handled this bout better than the first, I think he was more awake, he was a bit more chipper about the whole thing. Hopefully he's done, being on vomit watch makes for a rather arduous sleep schedule...

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwwww!!!! Poor, poor baby! It just breaks my heart when he does the shaking thing. :0(

    ReplyDelete